Friday, May 16, 2008

The Update


I have been so terrible at returning calls these past couple months! Things have been crazy and I truly apologize. It isn't an excuse, but life has been hectic.

First, I have been busy finishing my master's project. I presented it last week and I am so glad it is over! We had to write a paper using current research on our topic, mine was Complete Hydatidiform Mole. Then we had to present for an hour to a panel of professors, after which there was an hour for questions. I was pretty nervous but everything went off well. Rob went up with me to support me, and it was so good to see his face when I was all done!

Next, Rob has been ill for the past two months with tons of different weird symptoms. We have been to a bunch of doctors and we are trying a bunch of different things. We have hopefully ruled out all the really serious stuff and he has been feeling a little bit better, but it has been frustrating.

Also, Rob and I attended our graduation last Saturday. Rob graduated in December and I will be done officially in August. The school only has one graduation and we got to walk together. My parents even came down for a visit. Rob's parents and my parents both attended and it was a very fun day. I am waiting to get the pictures posted. We really enjoyed graduation. The hood makes all of the hours you spend sitting in a chair listening to other people's names just a little more worth it.

Lastly, we have been trying to get my rotation set up for the summer in Seattle. We are taking off today in fact to start our journey up to the NW. We won't make it there til tomorrow (we are stopping off to visit family for the night). We will be back down in August though and I truly need to make it up to all those I Have neglected for so long. I am starting to have alot less on my plate so that equals alot more time to spend catching up with all my good buds!

3 comments:

Erica said...

i'd say that you've had OVERLOAD on your plate these days! you and rob are in my prayers during these chaotic, crazy times. you guys are both making great progress and it's so easy for things then to come up. i'm so excited for things to wrap up for you and for you to be able to breathe. love ya lady!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats on the graduation! That's great that you will be able to enjoy a Seattle summer. Don't worry about not getting back with me. Hopefully we can catch you some time before you make the big move up to Alaska. That is where you are still headed, right? We will be here in Bountiful most of the summer, although we will be headed up to Seattle to bless the baby at the end of August.

Mike and Kim said...

Hey guys! We just got home yesterday from Utah and we really missed you! I'm glad everything is going better, especially with you Rob. Amanda congrats on getting your project done. We really miss you guys and want you to know we are thinking of you. Keep us updated on everything and we hope to hear from you soon!