Friday, May 30, 2008

A Beautiful Day!


Well, we have been up in Seattle for about two weeks already! The time has flown by! I completed my second week of summer rotations (the last before I can officially be done with my program). I am at the Children's Hospital in Seattle and I love it! The hospital has grown and changed a great deal since I was a kid, it is huge!

I am so excited to be a PA though, it really is a terrific career from what I have seen. I like it because nowadays doctors don't have the time to do certain things with their patients. For example, in some places where I have been rotating the physician's desire to be in the OR and not in the clinic. I love being in clinic with the patients and families. Although I find the OR interesting it doesn't have the aspect of human interaction that I really enjoy. I don't have a passion for research either. I love PA's because they do all the things physician's do that I love. Also, you don't have to set on a specialty for your entire career and you can switch between different interests if you want. This is great for me because I like so many things it is hard to decide.

Anyway, that was kindof a tangent... Back to the beautiful day...

Rob started off the day by taking the first part of the CPA exam. He has studied long and hard so it was exciting for him to get his tests underway. Afterward we went and worked out our frustrations together at the gym.

Then we went to the Edmonds Waterfront Festival. Edmonds and Seattle have several summer festivals that are pretty fun to attend. I have not been home to attend these festivals in years so it was fun to share these with Bobby B.

We listened to live entertainment, including a band that reminded me of Peru. We looked at the Arts and Crafts, got to try out the WiiFit, shared an Apple-Cinnamon Crepe, saw the wooden yachts, got a free Tully's giftcard, tried Huckleberry popcorn, drank a cherry italian soda, and rode the European SUPER SLIDE! The slide was my favorite, I went so fast!

These were some of the beautiful wooden yachts on display. Even one of my neighbors was there displaying his beautiful boat.

The SUPER SLIDE is awesome! I thought I would go airborn. This isn't the actual picture from the one we went on, but it gives you the idea. I am sure you have all seen one of these before. For some reason I just LOVED it!

After the festival fun we walked up main street and ate dinner at the local greasy spoon. The weather was perfect! It was sunny and warm. We took a short drive after dinner to watch the sunset. All of this fun is reminding me why I love summers in Seattle so much!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

We just got the WII fit and I cannot get enough of it! You are reminding me why I love Seattle so much!

Punj said...

That looks like fun. I remember visiting Seattle when I was young. I remember loving it! It is fun to see the pics!

Eric said...

I am glad things are going well for you guys up there. Call us when you are back down in Utah.

Erica said...

you are awesome! congrats on the new transitions in your lives! wow, making moves lady, you're making moves!

kim said...

Everyday is an Edmonds kind of day!! Makes me homesick! Congrats on all the good going ons in your life recently!! Say hey to your parents.

Lisa said...

Thank you for a wonderful weekend as well. Please come back soon...we miss you already!!

Lisa said...

I used my new bag while shopping at Target today and felt very trendy and eco-conscious. Used yours yet?