Thursday, January 24, 2008

Has it Been Two Years Already?



Rob came up last weekend for a very special date... our TWO year anniversary! It is hard to believe the time has gone by so quickly!



That day two years ago was so wonderful! I love to look at our wedding album to remember all of the feelings we experienced that day.

Last year was had a little celebration at our apartment in Pocatello complete with homemade stuffed chicken marsala and baked Alaska for dessert! It was our first attempt at making a baked Alaska and it turned pretty good I think. And who knew that we would soon be going to Alaska!

This year Rob and I had a very exciting date planned. Rob came out to Seattle for the weekend. After my first week at my rotation I was very excited to see him. We went to Bellevue Square for the afternoon and window shopped in all of the fun shops. They have an awesome Lego store there where you can get lego blocks in bulk. The Nordstrom store is also insane there, I love visiting that mall.

Then we made our 5:30 reservation at the Yarrow Bay Grill on Lake Washington. The atmosphere is ultra romantic, with views of the lake from the booth windows and dim lighting. The food is outta this world! Rob had the tastiest pork chop ever, and my butternut squash ravioli was sweet and smooth as silk. We truly enjoyed our dinner date.



After dinner we went to the Fairmont Olympic Hotel (where we had our reception) and sipped Shirley Temples in the lobby. We exchanged our gifts to each other and just enjoyed the piano music that reminded us of our day.


Lastly, we sampled some of our wedding cake top out of tradition (we weren't in Seattle last year, so we kept our cake top til this year). The frosting had major freezer burn, but the inside cake and filling was still pretty tasty actually.

It was a wonder day! The rest of the weeked was wonderful as well. We played Scrabble and relaxed. Then on our real anniversary date we went out to breakfast and took in a movie. Rob was scheduled to leave on Monday night, but there was a snow storm in Salt Lake and so he got to stay an extra day which was an added perk to the perfect weekend. I was sad to see him go, but I have great memories to hang on to til I get to see him again!

5 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Congratulations you guys! I did love your wedding and it was so much fun. I'm so happy that I hooked you guys up ;) I love having you as a sister Amanda!

Erica said...

congratulations miss! your post made me feel like i was there w/ you on your wedding day. keep me posted as to your crazy rotation stories! love ya!

Ra-call-dee... said...

Congratulations! Two years goes by so fast! Your wedding pictures are beautiful! I really like your dress.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats! Sounds like you two had a great celebration. So are you up in Seattle until graduation? We have a huge map of Seattle hanging on our wall to remind us of home. But Bountiful is not so bad for now.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Yes, you guys will have to come over for dinner or something when you get down here. Do you have my cell #? It's a 206 number and on verizon network. I'll see if I have your number and if not I'll have my mom get it for me, so you don't have to post it on the www. It would be great to see you. When exactly are you coming down?