Sunday, January 23, 2011

How We Spent Our Holidays...

Well, we have been pretty busy moving into our house, and that made for a very busy holiday season.

We picked out a super cool chair as our first piece of furniture for the house (because we sold most of our other furniture in the process of moving to Alaska). So this was super exciting. Rob and I were able to compromise on this steal of a deal...

Looks pretty nice right? And the best part is...

It reclines, which makes Rob pretty happy too.

In the midst of the holiday frenzy I took Zuzu to do a little Christmas shopping at Petsmart, and she had a great time riding in the cart. (She had to because I forgot her leash, oops.)

We were on turkey duty this year. We made turkey breasts in Alaska, but this was the first time we have done a whole turkey.

It turned out pretty good. I have become a big believer in the power of the brine!

(Zuzu in her winter sweater, lounging on the Christmas quilt.)

This year I decided to try cutting Christmas decor costs and make some of my own Christmas tree trimmings. All I needed: some felt, and a glue gun (because I have no idea how to work a sewing machine). I think they turned out pretty well...

A tree skirt...

and a matching garland.

I also found this cool tin star. It is handmade, and I love that it is red.

So I think our tree turned out pretty cute. We got our first real tree at the Home Depot (because we were on a budget), and luckily a tree that seemed kindof scrawny in the beginning blossomed into something beautiful... kindof a Charlie Brown moment.

We went to the Seattle tree lighting once again, and enjoyed our tradition of Frangos and shopping with the aunts and cousins.

It was another great holiday season. I wish I had more pictures to share of things like: the colored Christmas lights on our little white house, the swag Mrs. Rogers made for us, and the look on Rob's face when he got his first leaf blower from S. Claus! Oh well, I will do better next year, I promise.

3 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Hey! Debra told me she had such a great time visiting you guys. We miss you a lot and want to come up sometime. I wish it was free to fly :)

Cieslak Family said...

I am very impressed with your ornaments- good job Homemaker Amanda!!! I miss you guys. I hope you had a great Christmas. When is your next trip to Utah? I'll be there in the summer.

beckywestergard said...

Congrats on the new house!! I love the tree skirt and decorations.