Sunday, May 23, 2010

On The Town & Seattle Restaurant Week


I am a little behind posting about this, but last month my friend Jenny invited me to see "On The Town" with her at the 5th Avenue. I hadn't seen this particular production before, but I had heard good things about it.

So, we decided to grab dinner before the show and it was serendipitous because Seattle Restaurant Week was going on. Several times a year more than 100 King County restaurants participate in this event where they offer a preset 3 course menu for only $25! It is a great way to get to sample a restaurant that has always peaked your interest without spending a fortune. And like I said before, the best way to experience a new restaurant is to sample several menu items. Doing this will give you a better idea of what they offer, and increase the chance that you will decided to return again, a win win situation if you will.

We selected Wild Ginger, which features pan Asian cuisine. The menu they offered was uniquely created for the event. We each ordered a different 3 course combination so that we could increase our tasting options. We had everything from pork satay, to sichuan green beans, to red curry chicken, to a coconut macaroon ice cream sandwich. There were several other items we tried that were not mentioned, but all were delicious. I would definitely recommend this establishment for frequent patronage.

And for those of you interested in Seattle Restaurant week... It is coming back again in October 2010, so be ready!

Now for the main event... the show! The plot takes 3 sailors who have 24 hours in New York City on a wild search for love. One of the sailors falls in love with a poster hanging in the subway of the ideal woman, Miss Turnstiles. His goal becomes to meet and fall in love with this particular woman. They all decide to split up and look for this girl, and in the process they all find love. It was a cute and spunky production with great music and plenty of physical comedy. I would see this show again.

I had a terrific time spending a night out with a good friend, enjoying great entertainment and food! Thanks Jenny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That restaurant sounds good. We'll have to check it out next time we are up in Seattle.

Fullmer Family said...

Oh that sounds awesome! But I can't help but wonder...did that place really, TRULY, compare to Wasabi Gardens? I mean, come on! we are all class up here in the 907! :) miss u!